Transit visa through in France while remaining in the airport’s international zone [fr]
An airport transit visa allows waiting for a connecting flight in the airport’s international zone.
It does not allow a transit between two airports in the Schengen area, neither entry into the Schengen area or into French Overseas Departments and Territories.
The airport transit visa is required for citizens of the following countries: see chart
Documents to be provided
Please provide both the original and the copy of the documents. All the documents must be submitted in the order below.
The visa section will give you back the original documents.
Document or photocopy missing = incomplete file = high risk of visa refusal.
- 1 visa application form duly completed and signed;
- 1 identification photo, in colour, recent (less than three months), original, in 35 mm X 45 mm format with clear and uniform background. Photo must be affixed to the form;
- Original passport (and copy of your passport’s identification page). The passport must be valid for at least 3 months beyond the end of your stay in France. The visa is validated by a self-adhesive label that will be affixed to one of the pages of the passport. Your passport contains at least two blank pages and was issued less than 10 years ago ;
- Refugees : Refugee Travel Document issued in accordance with the 1951 Geneva Convention;
- Canadian residents with refugees status, even if they have a permanent resident card, must be in possession of this document and present themselves at the consulate at least one month before their travel date.
- Plane ticket to your final destination (original + photocopy) (reservation or itinerary not accepted) with authorization to enter the country of final destination: either by entering your country of origin because of your nationality, or with a visa, or by presenting an official document exempting you from needing a visa.
- Visa requirements for minors: birth certificate, “livret de famille” (family record book), parental authorization or authorization of the legal guardian.
- The presence of one of the parents or the legal guardian, carrying an identity card, is required for minors to file a visa application at the visa section of the French Consulate.
The Consulate reserves the right to require additional supporting evidence. It is important to keep the original documents with you at all time because they may be asked of you when entering France. The visa does not guarantee entry on French territory.
Fees and timeframes
Application fees (non-refundable): the value of €60 in Canadian currency for short-stay visa, payable only by debit card, cash or money orders (exact amount) payable to consulat de France à Montréal.
Please consult the following link regarding the Application Processing Time for your information : “Timeframes”.
Attention, you must schedule an appointment in order to submit your application on the Consulate’s website : "Rendez-vous" (in the "Prendre rendez-vous" tab).
Only those persons having their notification to attend will be admitted to the Consulate offices. For security reasons, please be on time;
Before attending, please make sure to bring all the documents indicated on the Consulate Web site required for the issuance of the requested visa.
You must provide all original documents, as well as one photocopy of each document.
To avoid penalizing other applicants, if you must cancel your appointment you are strongly requested to do so via the Consulate’s website : "Rendez-vous" (in the "Revoir son rendez-vous" tab).